Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Grad school induced profanity


(No, really. I MEAN IT, folks! This is uncensored frustration...)

So yesterday I went to this seminar that I have every Monday. I almost didn't go due to exhaustion, but I think, 'What's the worst that could happen?' Well, the worst (or one of the worst, barring injury/death) is that the teacher could pick on you to give a 10 minute presentation on all the literature (drawing all these different linkages, etc) with only 20 minutes to prepare, while everyone else gets to give a 'rigorous academic critique' of what you say. Fuck you, PhD students who think you are hot shit and can torture masters students--seriously, FUCK YOU. That is what I will think from now on whenever I see this lady.

I mean, obviously I lived through it, but still. How does that actually facilitate learning in any way whatsoever?!

1 comment:

Tamara @ Zoona Nova said...

Knowing you my dear, you had the entire room at attention. Stop being so modest. I'm sure you kicked some serious mataco.